Student Created Kahoot

Kahoot is the first tool that seems universally accepted tech tool in every classroom. I can see why, its fun to play against others. I remember when I was growing up we played a game in middle school called hands down, if you were the first person on the bottom and had the correct answer you scored points, it was my favorite.

But, Kahoot has been placed in a DOK 1 or DOK 2 depth of knowledge when students are playing. It is hard to find Kahoots where students are not only just remembering or applying theorems but creating and evaluating. One of the things I wanted my students to know is how teachers choose Kahoots and for them to not only review but practice and evaluate others Kahoots.

Paper Kahoots


We started in the classroom with paper Kahoots as a lesson. We talked about how long it would take to do the problem, where there answers that were misleading, and what did the student know if they got the question wrong. Here are some examples students made.

You can find a PDF version here: https://kahoot.com/files/2017/07/kahoot_paper_template-1.pdf

 

For students to create their own Kahoots I had to change my username and password, since Google Sign-in wasn't cooperating. Some students took off and were self sufficient other students struggled coming up with questions, because of the content. I had to ask them how to be a teacher and what kind of questions I would ask.

Created Kahoots


Most students took the route of pure vocabulary and no mathematical questions, but I did not specify what type of questions, now I know.

Here were some example questions they came up with:

No comments:

Post a Comment